Tuesday, October 28, 2008

2 Month Birthday






October 21st was Nick's 2 month birthday. Time is starting to go by so quickly! Nick really has a great personality; he is laughing at silly faces, he talks when he is being talked to, and he loves to be held. I don't care what anyone says, how can you not hold your child all the time when he is so cute. Michael seems to think that Nick prefers Dada with a hat ( fun Dada) instead of Dada without a hat. I think Nick prefers Dada when ever he is around. He really isn't that much of a Mama's boy.



































Nick had his 2 month check up the next day. He is 12lbs 1/2 oz and 23 1/4 inches, he is getting so big. He has been in the 50% for the last 2 check-ups (I really don't know what that means so if anyone would like to explain feel free.) I have totally become everything that I used to make fun of; breast feeding in the mall, bringing my mother to Nick's doctors appointments... But I have realized that it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks it is what ever is best for your child ( and yourself.)

I hate shots, the very thought of a needle makes me feel sick. I have to say that the worst part of being pregnant wasn't the morning sickness, feeling tired, or not fitting into any clothes. It actually was the amount of blood that you had to have taken. I tend to get nervous and start laughing uncontrollably when it comes to getting blood drawn, the nurses would call me giggles. So the thought of having Nick get so many shots is nerve racking to me. I don't think I could handle it without someone with me, thanks mom!!!
I decided to have some of his shots broken up into different visits. I really don't know what is worse, getting 4 shots at one visit or getting shots twice in one month. Nick was so unhappy for 2 days after his last visit and know he has to go back for more on November 5th. Does anyone have any tips about the doctors? I had gotten a book about vaccines from a great friend (thanks Sarah) and the more I read the more doubtful I am about getting some of the shots. I don't really understand why kids have to get the Varicella vaccine. I let the doctor give Nick the Roto Virus vaccine but the more I think about it the worse I feel about him getting it.

Well I hope everyone is doing well. Nick can't wait to meet everyone, see you soon.

No comments: